In this episode I sat down with TJ Menlove and we talk about connecting and connection which is so important. But TJ is about more than just a connection he likes to facilitate: Bigger, Better, Faster and Stronger connections.
He shared his story of dealing with Mark Cuban from Shark Tank. We talked about being a great cheerleader, it is so important in being a great leader.
TJ is a stand up Comedian, Motivations Speaker and Semi-Pro Golfer (at least in his head)
This episode is packed full of great information and tools for the side hustler or entrepreneur.
Show Notes and Key Takeaways
- Seek to understand before you seek to understand, before you seek to be understood, react, judge or speak.
- Connect and get to know people – figure out why you were supposed to connect with them.
- People value being heard. God gave us 2 ears and one month for a reason!
- TJ help get a company on Shark Tank and got the opportunity to work with Mark Cuban.
- TJ helped with Kiss Stick, they actually get Mr Wonderful and Barbara Corcoran to kiss on the show.
- If you are only serving needy people it is highly probable that you will eventually become needy yourself.
- You need to build you own list and the YPC app is a tool that will help you do that.
- Act in spite of your mood.
- The Thinking Project is the title of Dalton’s podcast.
- Be humble don’t judge people based on what they drive, wear or where they live.
- Debt is an addiction, sometimes we buy stuff and do stuff for our kids because of the lack we had when we were kids.
- If you are going to buy something by an assets, not liabilities.
- AL Williams is one of TJ’s Biggest influences.They taught him to keep the main thing the main thing.
- They also taught him to recognize, reward and appreciate people.Make sure they know their value.
- Be a good Cheerleader!
- Go Download the YPC app for free.
- If you are on the fence on starting your side hustle just start and do something.