Today I sat down with Jennifer Seely, we talked about how the Cronavirus cause her to have to pivot from just a branding photographer to teaching about branding. She learned branding for herself, when this spring came and she found herself with a lot less photography appointment, she monetized it. Now Jennifer is not only a branding photographer she is a branding guide. She guides people down a path that helps them figure out their brand.
We talked branding, photography, mindset, my distaste for some of the popular words this year like pivot – the new normal and much more.
Lots of great info today!
Have a listen and enjoy!
Here are the links to some of the resources that were mentioned in this podcast.
Show Notes and Key Takeaways
Keith shared a lot of valuable information on this podcast, here is a list of golden nuggets that I heard just to name a few!
- Jennifer is a Branding Guide. I love that she uses the the term guide because coach and mentor are so over used.
- Jennifer had to pivot from a branding photographer to branding training to help business connect with their customers.
- She needed to learn branding for herself so she built a lemonade stand and now sales the stuff, branding training!
- There are three components to the foundation of branding 1) Who are you? 2) Who do you serve and 3) Your brand story.
- What are your 3 to 5 core words that represents your core values?
- What at the experiences that lead to you starting your business?
- What problems that your product or service solve and who most likely has those problems and want them solved?
- .If you focus on what you solve and who wants them solve, that will help you connect better with your best customers.
- Don’t try to use guilt to attract customers. It doesn’t serve you.
- Don’t fall in to the “Build it and they will come” attitude, it doesn’t work.
- If you treat your business as a hobby it will always make you hobby income.
- Work with coaches and it will shorten the learning curve.
- Books Jess suggested:
- Raving Fans
- Find your why, it will help push you to get going.
- Start a business and be an example to your children.