Show Notes and Key Takeaways
Richard talked a little about when he was in college and doing a project that he found out what the professor was teaching and what was being done in the real world was different. It is important in a world that is moving as fast as the world is today, make sure that what you are studying is relevant and going to be relevant for a long time. This also came up in my last podcast with Carolyn Blosil. When she graduated her skill was no longer marketable.
- Money is important but you also need to look for fulfillment outside of just money! It makes life a whole lot more enjoyable!
- Don’t give up on your dreams. We have been conditioned to give up, dream like when you were a child. Believe in yourself and go for it!
- Being an entrepreneur takes a special person, it also takes a special significant other. Choose wisely! He credits his wife and family for so much!
- Surround yourself with people that are smarter than you and that make you better, even if you don’t always agree.
- Do business with people who make you better!
- Money isn’t everything but money gives you options. Options to do good or bad.
- Do things that you really believe in.
- Book to read: Laws of Success ~ Napoleon Hill The Go-Giver ~ Bob Burg