Tiffany Barnes, what an amazing woman! Her story is of how she overcame her trials as a kid but ended up in triumph is inspiring! This episode is not just about that though. She talks about how she got started in real estate and where her bread and butter is today. She talks about about business and giving back. And receiving the hand off of the Olympic Torch in 2002 from Steve Young! If you have every thought about owning an AirBnB, this is the episode for you! She shares some great info. The good, the bad, the beautiful and the ugly. Have a listen!
Show Notes and Key Takeaways
It doesn’t always take money to make deals. Think about what you have to offer to make things happen – Time, Effort, Gumption
- In this economy long term and short term rentals are where it is at.
- You can rent your RV pad, your garage, space in your house.
- AirBnB could be more profitable than a long term lease.
- Attention to detail and be special touches make a difference and it takes very little time and effort!
- Great customer service is important.
- When marketing you AirBnB talk about what is special about your property! My views are amazing!
- Ask three questions when doing a real estate transaction 1) is it good for me? 2) is it good for the other person? and 3) would I make the same deal with my Grandma?
- Be resilient and persistant.
- Books to read are “Think and Grow Rich” and “How to Win Friends and Influence People”
- Tiffany’s Best Advice – It is the start that stops people! Get out there and start!