Man I struck gold when Mark Stoner excepted my invitation to come on the show. For those that don’t know who Mark Stoner is he is the author of Blue Collar Gold and the host of the Blue Collar Gold podcast. But that is not where he got his start.
Although he’s had his fair share of failures, Mark Stoner is a man known for his successes. He took a one-man chimney sweeping business and turned it into a 30 truck 10 million dollar chimney service businesses.
He shares some of what he has learned to that helped him get to that 10 million and also how he swept his way on the Inc 5000.
Mark shared lots of Blue Collar Gold nuggets so have a listen.
Here are the links to some of the resources that were mentioned in this podcast.
Get Marks book Blue Collar Gold!
Checkout Mark’s website and see how he can help!
New sponsor for the show, go check out Hepius CBD!
Get My Free Mini-Course and identify your ideal side hustle
Get a autographed copy of Monetize Your Mindset!
Show Notes and Key Takeaways
Mark shared a lot of valuable information on this podcast, here is a list of golden nuggets that I heard just to name a few!
- There is a diference between nice and kind.
- Mark is a Chemny Sweep, he got into it from a college project.
- You don’t need to know everything to get started.
- If your business depends on you always being there then you own a job, not a business.
- You don’t have to be passionate about what you do if you find something about the business to be excited about.
- Everything turns and pivots as you go along the path of entrapreneurship.
- He stated as a one truck company now he owns a 30 truck company.
- Network with other businesses to see what is possible.
- The bigger the business gets the more opportunities come your way.
- The book “Who Not How” by Dan Sullivan help Mark see what he needed to do to grow properly.
- Who do you out source to, to scale fast.
- When you hire good people they are expensive but they don’t cost you anything – let that sink in.
- Don’t hire poeple, build assets for the business so you don’t have to micro manage the business.
- Were are taught in school the success and failure are on opposite sides but they are on the same side of the equation complacency and safety are the opposite.
- Don’t be a buddy manager it will mess you up.
- Not Nice and No More Mister Nice Guy are two books that you need read if you are a buddy manager.
- You don’t have very much time in your life start now. We are in a great time and place to be in business.
- If you do what you say you are going to do and show up, there is so much opportunity out there.