It is November of 2020 – during an election year – We probably need going to need a little gratitude. Well today we have the guy to teach us how to do it. Kevin Clayson the author of Flip the Gratitude Switch is here to help us be grateful when it seems like there in nothing to be grateful for.
Kevin is extremely fun an entertaining and has a great message with actions steps that we can do right now, that could make a huge difference in our lives.
With the help of examples of talking to grade school kids, he will teach us what is awesome about stubbing your toe.
Be Grateful and Enjoy!
Here are the links to some of the resources that were mentioned in this podcast.
Show Notes and Key Takeaways
Alicia shared a lot of valuable information on this podcast, here is a list of golden nuggets that I heard just to name a few!
- Everybody needs gratitude in the middle of life’s most difficult frustrations.
- Gratitude can turn you into a super hero when used in the right way!
- Kevin wrote the book Flip the Gratitude Switch and is one of the founders of Do It Yourself Real Estate!
- It is a simple and conservative way of looking at and doing real estate.
- Gratitude is a Verb not a Noun.
- Gratitude when done properly will actually change your Neural Pathways!
- Many people will check off all the items on their what they need to be happy list and still not Be Happy, that was Kevin.
- Recognize your frustration and find one small thing to be grateful for!
- .You can’t change life but you can put on a different set of lens of how you experience it.
- The are many things we can change we can only change us.
- Flip first is find the frustration – recognize it – acknowledge it.
- L is look for what is awesome that is embedded in the frustration.
- I is install gratitude. Like installing an app. The App Store of life is WORDS.
- Power up with Gratitude fuel.
- Your brain begins to rewire and over time you become predisposed to joy and react differently.
- Because of who you become from gratitude new opportunities will manifest themselves. Karma happens.
- Books that Kevin suggests 1) The Go Giver and 2) Give and Take
- The journey of 10,000 miles begins with a step.