What is going on some of the young people today! Wow, They are putting themselves out there and making things happen. Katie Wininger of Enlighten Massage Therapy is no different. She set her goals and went from working for someone else to being her own boss and then the Rona hit. She was able to pivot and ad options to her offering and was able to make it through!
In this episode we talked about the option of massage therapy as a side hustle and business, we talked about her transition for an employee to being her own boss and how the coronavirus effected her business.
Katie shared her change in mindset and she shared suggestion to help those that might need help in mindset change in order to step out and start their own side hustle or business.
Here are the links to some of the resources that were mentioned in this podcast.
Show Notes and Key Takeaways
Katie shared a lot of valuable information on this podcast, here is a list of golden nuggets that I heard just to name a few!
- Some of the younger people are really impressive! They are really putting themselves out there and making things happen!
- It takes a years worth of schooling to become a Massage Therapist if that is something that you would like to look into.
- Don’t let Karma come around and bite you in the butt.
- People are choosy when it come to a Massage Therapist – At least I am.
- You have a overcome your limiting beliefs and just jump in head first.
- There will be obstacles and when that happens you have to have that never give up mindset!
- When Covid hit Katie had to close down for 3 months. She had only been going for 6 months.
- You need to swing the bat, stop procrastinating. Get off the bench.
- You need to branch out and create multiple streams of income! What could you branch out to that is related to your core offer?
- Create the proper expectations with your clients.
- You need the mental preparation, education and passion in order to step out on your own.
- Do what it takes to be memorable!
- .A book that Katie suggests is “Your a Badass”
- Do your research if you are thinking about Massage Therapy. Talk to people that are doing what it is that you want to do.
- To help you get off the fence listen to self help books, podcasts and find a great coach.
- Katie gave several benefits for getting a massage! Go give Katie a try!