This was a fun episode. I sat down with Sandra Checketts of Sports Tower Inc. It was great to catch up with her, back in 1994, together we took the first commercial bungee jump to Japan and then in 1995 they took 14 more over there of which I played a part in 5 of them.
Sandra shares the things that she has learned from her entrepreneur experiences. The good the bad and the ugly. Lots of great information to be had.
We talked Bungee, Books and Wellness. great episode but I guess I am a little bias.
Here are the links to some of the resources that were mentioned in this podcast.
Show Notes and Key Takeaways
Joe Goff shared a lot of valuable information on this podcast, here is a list of golden nuggets that I heard just to name a few!
- Jump at chances that come your way, Luck is where opportunity and preparedness meet.
- Sports Tower put 14 Towers in Japan.
- You don’t have to have entrepreneur minded parents to learn entrepreneurship, pay attention to the people around you that have that mindset.
- Systems were very important when running a bungee jump company.
- It took a team to put everything together. Everyone had a job to do.
- In entrepreneurship you are going to meet lots of interesting people and you have to learn how to deal with all types of people.
- .If you create something good someone with knock it off.
- You need a side hustle to create financial security.
- Be Sure and do your research and test market before you jump in with both feet.
- Stand out and go the extra mile.
- Books Sandra suggested:
- The Richest Man in Babylon
- Aspire by Keven Hall
- And of course if you don’t have my book yet, “Monetize Your Mindset” What are you waiting for? Go get it!
- If you are thinking about starting a side hustle, look at the worst case scenario and the best case scenario and calculate if it is work the risk. You don’t want to always wonder “Would I have made it” or “Would it have worked”