In this episode we sat down with Joe Goff of Black Canyon Signs and talked about how he got his start in the sign business. I love that it was something that he started because he needed signs for himself and he turned it into a stream of income.
Joe had great insights on business. He tells how BNI was a big help to his business. He shared about the Blue Collar Billionaires and the Chimney Sweep that goes the extra mile.
Going the extra mile is part of Joe’s Character. He once came over to my house at 11 at night to help me out and did not charge me. Joe share some great info.
Here are the links to some of the resources that were mentioned in this podcast.
Show Notes and Key Takeaways
Joe Goff shared a lot of valuable information on this podcast, here is a list of golden nuggets that I heard just to name a few!
- As an entrepreneur you will win some and loose some.
- Joe’s entrepreneurship started as a kid when his parents said he needed to buy his own clothes and he wanted cool stuff.
- He needed signs and he thought that sign companies were expensive so he started making his own. Then he started making them for others and turned it into an income stream.
- Make sure you know who you are getting into business with.
- Joining BNI was one of the things that really helped grow his business and is one of the keys to his success.
- Growing relationships and being willing to give referrals to each others businesses is important.
- Be sure to that your pictures are not all business – add in hobbies other things.
- You need a side hustle to create financial security.
- If you create the proper expectations from the beginning both sides will know what to expect.
- Stand out and go the extra mile.
- Books Joe suggested:
- Blue Collar Gold by Mark Stoner
- And of course if you don’t have my book yet, “Monetize Your Mindset” What are you waiting for? Go get it!
- Find something you like to do and go for it. Identify your competition and study how they did it.