This episode just might blow your mind! I sat down for a second time with Keith Crossley and this time we talked about being able to be at peace among all the chaos and suffering that is going around us and in our own lives. He calls it “Immune to Suffering”.
And here is the kick, it falls so in line with a Monetized Mindset. One of my quotations is “When life hands you lemons, don’t just make lemonade, build a lemonade stand and sell the stuff.” Keith had an issue in his own life, he has fixed it for himself and is now teaching others how to do what he did.
You will love this episode!
Here are the links to some of the resources that were mentioned in this podcast.
Show Notes and Key Takeaways
Keith shared a lot of valuable information on this podcast, here is a list of golden nuggets that I heard just to name a few!
- In business and in life you can’t always control what happens.
- We try to give ourselves a false sense of control to create certainty that we really don’t have.
- How do you find peace not just when the trial is over but how do you find peace in the middle of it!
- Keith’s seminar Immune to Suffering – Happening Sept. 19th 2020.
- Life in your head is different than reality, are our expectations ever a guaranteed reality? No
- You need to be able to separate your feelings from your circumstances and be okay when expectations and reality are different.
- Anxiety begins at the level of thought,if you stop it at the level of thought, you stop the corresponding feeling – the anxiety.
- Realize that your thoughts are not you and they have no meaning until you give them meaning.
- If you think about if things go wrong – there are solutions out there that may not be what you expected but you will be okay.
- Your feeling will not change reality. Your worry, your anxiety, your fear will not change the outcome. So why experience those feelings.
- Success is being able to feel how I want to feel regardless of my circumstances.
- 1963 a monk sets himself on first and burns to death without making a sound, without moving – if it is possible to be at peace while you are on fire, is it possible be at peace when life does not go as expected.
- This is a great podcast!
- Books Keith suggested:
- The Untethered soul
- Claim Your Power: A 40-day Journey to Dissolve the Hidden Blocks That Keep You Stuck and Finally Thrive…
- And of course if you don’t have my book yet, “Monetize Your Mindset” What are you waiting for? Go get it!