I sat down and spoke with Sara Harvey from Spring Creek Mechanical. They are an HVAC company that has started to specialize in boilers. One of the things that I really love is that they have all their kids working for them right now.
Her and her husband have been entrepreneurs from the beginning and she has many insights to share that her experiences have taught her. We cover HVAC to having a place for your kids to work while they are going up, then we cover starting and scaling your business properly.
Sara gave us some good things to think about.
Show Notes and Key Takeaways
- Toastmasters can help you with your public speaking and communication.
- Sometime you work for free or cheep in order to learn a trade!
- One of the benefits of being a business owner – entrepreneur is you have a place for your kids to learn how to work.
- If you specialize or niche down it will make things better!
- Own your projects and be all in. Figure out how to make it work. There is more than to do a job right, find it!
- It is not always a good idea to turn something that you love into a business, it may turn into something that you hate!
- Make sure that you have all the numbers added into your business plan.
- Find a way to give back to the community!